By Saturday, our fridge is usually completely empty, with only a tomato or two left over from meal-prep. #sad #hungry #alone
But no need to despair! Simple pasta recipe to the rescue! I love this recipe because it makes do with only two items from the fridge.
- Pasta [single serving, boiled]
- Tomato [2 small]
- Arugula [6 to 7 leaves, sliced]
- Garlic [1 clove, minced]
- Soy Sauce [1/2 tbsp]
- Olive oil [1/2 tbsp]
- Lemon or Calamansi juice, optional
- Over medium heat, in 1 tbsp of olive oil, saute the garlic and tomato together, until the tomatoes begin to wilt and the garlic is slightly caramelize.
- Add in the arugula and saute until they wilt and turn a bright green color.
- Mix in the boiled pasta and fold in the vegetables.
- Drizzle the soy sauce around the outer rim of the pan and toss the pasta until evenly coated. You should hear a sizzle when the soy sauce hits the pan.
- If you have lemon or calamansi, squeezing just a bit of citrus over the pasta will heighten the flavor.
And voila! Lunch is served.